Regional Mental Health Center (RMHC)/Regional Health Clinic (RHC) is dedicated to ensuring that your treatment here meets the highest standards of quality care. The following rights ensure your personal privacy and dignity while at RMHC/RHC. Regardless of race, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, or disability, you have the right:
- To receive adequate, humane and individualized care in the least restrictive environment.
- To make informed decisions regarding your care, including the right to be informed of your health status, to be involved in care planning and treatment, and to be able to request or refuse treatment. For minors, parents or guardians have the right to be included in the treatment planning process and the creation of an Individualized treatment plan.
- To request and receive information about alternative treatment procedures and about the risks and side effects of any treatment that is recommended.
- To see your medical record in a reasonable period of time in the presence of your physician or clinician,provided that you submit a written request to do so. All information contained in the record is confidential and can only be released with your consent or as necessary to prevent injury to you or others, or pursuant to law.
- To be informed of your rights in a language you and/or your family understand.
- To be informed of all fees charged for services.
- To present complaints concerning quality of care either on your own behalf or as presented by family members or legal guardians.*
- To request consideration of a clinical staff transfer throughout the treatment process.
- To refuse services, to withdraw from treatment (including medications), to the extent permitted by law,to be informed of the consequences of such a withdrawal, and to receive appropriate referrals.
- To receive an appropriate screening or assessment and referral for or provision of management of pain.
- To practice the religion of your choice.
- To obtain a second opinion regarding your recommended plan of treatment. You are responsible for any expense associated with a second opinion.
- To refuse to participate in a research project and not to be denied appropriate services as a result of that refusal.
- To be informed about and to contact or consult with, at your own expense, available advocacy services such as the Legal Aid Program, Mental Health America, and the appeals process of other human service agencies.
*RMHC/RHC provides a grievance process for clients who are dissatisfied with treatment, who feel their rights have been violated, or who have allegations of professional misconduct or ethical concerns to report. You should discuss your complaint with your primary clinician first, then the clinician’s supervisor or the program director. If you feel your concern is still unresolved, then contact the client advocate at 219-769-4005. If you have compliments, questions, concerns, or complaints about services, treatment, procedures, safety issues, rights or policies, you can call the VP of Community Mental Health Services at Regional Mental Health Center (219-392-6022), or the Consumer Service Line, Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addictions (800-901-1133) or the Indiana Advocacy and Protection (800-622-4845) or the Joint Commission’s Office of Quality Monitoring (800-994-6610) or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT
Federal regulations require that Regional Mental Health Center (RMHC)/Regional Health Clinic (RHC) provide you with a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices. This Notice of Privacy Practice outlines your basic rights under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as our responsibilities. The following is a brief summary of the information contained in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
This information can and will be used to:
- Conduct, plan, and direct your treatment and follow-up among multiple healthcare providers who may be involved in your treatment directly or indirectly.
- Obtain payment from third party payers.
- Conduct normal healthcare operations such as quality assessments and physicians certifications.
Regional Mental Health Center (RMHC)/Regional Health Clinic (RHC) has the right to change its Notice of Privacy Practices from time to time and you may contact us at any time to obtain a current copy of Notice of Privacy Practices. You may also request in writing that we restrict how your private health information is used or disclosed to carry out treatment, payment or healthcare operations. We are not required to agree with your restrictions, but if we do agree, then we are bound by such restrictions.
If you have any questions regarding theses rights, please discuss them with your primary clinician or case manager at any time during your course of treatment with us.
Patients receiving services from Regional Health Clinic have certain responsibilities. As a patient you have the responsibility:
- To participate in developing your individualized care plan. The individualized care plan will be reviewed periodically with your health care provider to assess and plan for appropriate changes.
- To actively participate in your care and work cooperatively with your care providers.
- To keep appointments or to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
- To pay for fees in accordance with the fee agreement you entered into with Regional Health Clinic. This will include providing information to determine your fee, such as family size and income, approximate every 6 months.
DISCOUNT SLIDING FEE SCALE
Regional Health Clinic is a federally qualified health center that ensures that quality health care is available for all patients regardless of their inability to pay. Qualifications for the discount sliding fee scale for medical and dental services are determined by proof of income, household size and living status. Recertification is required annually.
Payment options include: cash, debit, Medicaid, Medicare, commercial health plans, under insured and uninsured discount self-pay option. To learn more about this service or other insurance options, please see our front desk staff.